Peasants & nomads: 14 days Trekking
This trekking tour brings you to famous Markha valley, then you will take a right turn just before you would reach the high plateau of Nimaling. Here you are going to cross Kongmaru-La pass (at 5,000 m) and enter nomad country. The landscape is changing right before your eyes. Markha valley is at a much lower level and we will hike from village to village. In Ruphsu-Kharnak the valley expands and the landscape becomes much softer. Villages are replaced in Changthang by nomadic settlements, either inhabited or not (depending on time of year).
This tour attractively combines two different worlds, two kinds of landscapes, two sides of Ladakh: Markha & Changthang. Exciting but also relaxing and calming, wild but also soft, two contrasts combined in one tour.
Let yourself be enchanted by two sides of Ladakh: Markha & Changthang
Highlights at a glance
- Hiking through famous and beautiful Markha valley
- Encounters with peasants and nomads
- Ever-changing landscape with high passes
- The vastness of nomad country
Basic data at a glance
- Best time of travel: July – September
- 1 pax onwards
- Price on request
- Duration: 14 days
The trekking’s area
This is a pure trekking-package. But you will need a proper acclimatization before the start of the tour. Either you do that yourself or we organise you a programme that takes care of it. In any case we suggest a minimum of 3 days in/around Leh before the start of the trekking.
This tour is a high altitude trekking! It starts at “lower” altitude in the Markha Valley and raises day by day. Still you might have problems adjusting. Have a look on our tips to avoid altitude sickness!
- Tour guidance by an english speaking local guide
- Trekkingsupport with cook/helper/horses
- Camping-Equipment excl. sleeping bag
- All entrances and Permits
- Travel insurance
- Visa for India
- Additional costs caused by illness, accident, route changes due to acts of nature beyond control, etc.
- Additional costs caused by cancelled or delayed flight