Trekking and Expedition in the land of the nomads
Group departure: Ladakh: Sky of the nomads
Price: EUR 1.790 / USD 2.050
Date: 08.-26. August 2020
As individual tour at your desired date
Best time of travel: July-September
Price for 1 pax: on request
Price for 2-3 people: 1.990 EUR/person / 2.280 USD/person
Price from 4 pax onwards: 1.790 EUR/person / 2.050 USD/person
Price from 8 pax onwards: on request
On this tour we fly at higher game: the nine-day-trek leads us through the the Tibetan High Plateau at an elevation between 4,500 and 5,000 m, home of the nomads and their herds of sheep, goats and yaks.
And then we even climb a six-thousander – Spangnak Ri at 6,380 m is a lesser-known summit, but nonetheless very exciting to climb and the highest point on our tour.
Before the trek you will acclimatize while visiting the most beautiful monasteries of Ladakh and the deep-blue Pangong lake, that connects Ladakh with Tibet. Now you are perfectly prepared for the following trek.
Highlights at a glance
- The most beautiful monasteries of Ladakh: Hemis, Thikse, Alchi
- Boarder lake to Tibet: Pangong Lake
- Impressive trekking through the nomad’s land
- Encounters with nomads
- Expedition to an 6000er
Important notice to this tour
Please notice that this trekking is in high altitude! We take good care of acclimatization before the main trek, but still there might be problems with getting used to high altitude. Have a look on our tips to avoid altitude sickness!!
The area of trekking
Prices and dates
Basic data for Sky of the nomads as Group Departure:
- Date: 10. -29. August 2019
- Price: 1.790 EUR / 2.140 USD
- Min/Max participants: 4/10
- Single supplement: 200 EUR / 240 USD
Basic date for Sky of the nomads as Individual Tour:
- Services from/to Delhi
- Accommodation in Standardhotels/Guesthouses with food according to itinerary / Accommodation in double rooms
- Tour guidance by an english speaking local guide
- Trekkingsupport with cook/helper/horses
- Camping-Equipment excl. sleeping bag
- All entrances and Permits
- All transfers & transportations according to programme[/tg_promo_box]
- Travel insurance
- Visa for India
- Additional costs caused by illness, accident, route changes due to acts of nature beyond control, etc.
- Additional costs caused by cancelled or delayed flight[/tg_promo_box]
As individual tour
You can choose your own date, but we will happily assist you if you need some help.
Of course this travel can be modified according to your wishes: extend, shorten or change! We are open to (almost) anything.
In general we’d like to arrange this tour also for single travelers. Only during the very busy times in high season we might have to refuse. Simply ask for possible dates!
Something to read before coming to Ladakh
- General info on Ladakh
- All about Stok Kangri
- 10 rules for Ladakh:To avoid cultural misunderstandings
- Top 10 Restaurants and Cafés in Leh: Our top tips about food
- Tips for the acclimatization in high altitude
- Packing lists & more
- Travel insurance
- Terms & Conditions
- Maps, Books & Links
- Frequently asked Questions
This tour might be also of interest for you
Ladakh: Cycling and Trekking in Nubra
Multiactive Tour (Cycling, Trekking and optional climbing of Stok Kangri at the end); max. 10 participants
Prices and dates available
This tour can be booked individually as well